Best KardiaMobile EKG
Heart disease remains the main cause of death for which there is a reliable source in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This makes the regular monitoring and treatment of heart disease more important than ever. If you’re considering monitoring your heart health at home, you might consider a portable electrocardiogram (EKG) device.
One of the most popular manufacturers is KardiaMobile EKG, a home monitoring system developed by AliveCor. Find out more about what this device will reveal about your heart health, its weaknesses, and when to speak with an expert.
What’s the difference between it? EKG monitor?
An EKG monitor that is portable is a small device created to give the same information as an advanced version that your doctor might use in the evaluation of heart disease. An EKG performed in a traditional doctor’s office can use up to 12 tiny sensors that are trusted by Source known as electrodes, according to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). These electrodes are affixed to your chest, legs and arms. When you are using this EKG, you lay down on the exam table while your doctor or nurse supervises the machine.
The electrodes are able to detect the electrical activity of your heart. Unusual results could mean:
- heart damage or failure
- heart attack
- irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia
- blocked arteries
The doctor might recommend an in-office EKG test if:
- you have signs of heart problems
- you’re an older or middle-aged adult in need of routine monitoring
- heart disease runs in your family
They may also recommend self-monitoring to monitor the health of your heart between formal EKGs.
- What can you detect with the KardiaMobile EKG find? According to AliveCor AliveCor, the base KardiaMobile EKG is developed to help identify these heart-related issues:
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib) Afib is a condition that causes the chambers in your heart to beat more irregularly thus allowing less blood
- bradycardia, also known as a slow heart rate
- Tachycardia, or an increased heart rateA randomized clinical trial from 2019 Trusted Source of 262 participants found that KardiaMobile might be beneficial in helping people detect early symptoms of AFib that they can later share doctors with them for an accurate diagnosis. If you’re taking heart disease medications, this device may also assist your doctor with additional information to determine if the treatment is functioning according to plan. But it is important to note that the KardiaMobile will not substitute any suggested EKGs at the doctor’s clinic. Pricing At the time of writing, 2022, the all-inclusive price of the first KardiaMobile was $89; in 2022, the KardiaMobile EKG 6L cost $149. If you choose to go with one of the 6L variant, you also have the option to enroll in an annual KardiaCare subscription, which costs 10 dollars per month and $99 for the year. The membership offers four annual reviews of your heart health data by board certified cardiologists every year. The company will occasionally offer promotional offers that include direct product discount or add-ons such an attachment clip for this device onto the rear of the phone. Although AliveCor does not work directly with medical insurance companies, you may be able to purchase KardiaMobile through an eligible health savings account (HSA) or a flexible savings account (FSA). It’s best to confirm this information with your insurance company prior to the time. Shipping of the item is absolutely free in the United States. The company also offers 1 year warranty as well as 30 days of money-back guarantee.
AliveCor KardiaMobile products The KardiaMobile KardiaMobile can be described as a pocket-sized EKG device which allows you to monitor your pulse rate, heart rate and then save the results to the smartphone you have connected to it. According to AliveCor the company that makes the device, you may be able obtain medical-grade data that you can discuss with your doctor. To use the KardiaMobile You simply need to place your fingers over one of the sensors and hold it for 30 seconds. No electrodes are required. The results are immediately compiled and then shown on the phone. Thereafter, you’ll have the option of emailing these outcomes to your medical professional. The KardiaMobile 6L A different, more sophisticated version of this product is”KardiaMobile EKG6L. It comes with the same basic features as the original, except that you get six different screens on your phone. They display the following data:
- sinus rhythm with supraventricular contopy which can affect the top of your heart
- sinus rhythm with broad QRS, which impacts the bottom of your heart (QRS indicates the spread of a stimulation through the ventricles of the heart)
- premature ventricular contractionsIs your KardiaMobile EKG monitor reliable?
The KardiaMobile EKG monitor is designed to aid you in monitoring the health of your heart between doctors’ visits. It can detect irregular heartbeats, which could be higher or lower than normal, as well being irregular heartbeats.
AliveCor says that the KardiaMobile has FDA authorization to detect heart issues the company advertises.
This is not a full FDA approval, this means that the product is approved by the FDA because AliveCor confirmed that it had similar benefits to other products that have been cleared or accepted by FDA for example, like certain smartwatches.
What are the limitations of KardiaMobile?
Though KardiaMobile EKG can help detect your heart rate as well as related anomalies, it’s not able detect the presence of a heart attack. It’s not compatible for use with implantable cardioverter devices or pacemakers.
In addition, while the company claims that its device is compatible with the majority of smartphones, it isn’t compatible with all modern Android and Apple devices. Be sure to review the most up-to-date compatibility list before purchasing.
Additionally, the device hasn’t been endorsed by any medical body to diagnose or diagnose any illness. In fact, it’s a good idea to regard this product as an adjunct to other health-related strategies that your doctor has suggested.